Skip to main content

The G5 Exhibition

In the last 6 weeks, I have been privileged enough to witness the wonders of the G5 Exhibition in the PYP.

What is the G5 Exhibition you wonder?


The exhibition
Students aged 10 to 12 who are in their final year of the primary years programme are expected to carry out an extended, collaborative inquiry project, known as the exhibition, under the guidance of their teachers.
The exhibition represents a significant event in the life of both the school and student, synthesizing the essential elements of the programme and sharing them with the whole school community. It is an opportunity for students to exhibit the attributes of the student profile that have been developing throughout their engagement with the programme. It is a culminating experience marking the transition from the PYP to the Middle Years Programme (MYP).
Schools are given considerable flexibility in their choice of the real-life issues or problems to be explored and investigated in the exhibition.
First off, I was able to mentor two students who so passionately researched their topics and created displays full of interesting findings. 
Who knew grade 5 students could do such amazing work!?
Human explosion
Blood diamonds and minerals

Also, I helped guide my French students in preparing an item for the opening ceremonies. They opted to make things complicated, much as I would probably do myself, and make a short play followed by a song, dance and short movie they all created themselves. Though they had some rough moments coming to agreements as a team, everything turned out absolutely great in the end. 

The students made me so proud!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a World Full of Noise, Let’s Show Understanding

“Not everyone processes uncertainty the same way, and that’s okay.” The past few days have been unexpected. What started as a normal Saturday - coaching at the gym, breakfast with a friend, catching up on work with the TV on in the background - quickly changed when I heard a loud “boom” coming from outside my apartment. At first, many of us in the community assumed it came from one of the many nearby construction sites. But, within the next few hours, the loud sounds came again and again, and word spread that these were missiles and drones being intercepted in the sky. I’ve always felt safe here in the UAE, and believe it or not, to a certain extent, I still do. Like many other residents here, I have a lot of trust in the country I’ve chosen to call home for over 11 years. I’ve seen it overcome challenges in the past, such as COVID and floods, and I’ve witnessed how much the leadership cares for the residents, particularly over the last few days.  That said, it’s no secret that I a...

Back on the Dubai running scene

  “The beauty of running is in its simplicity; just you, your breath, and the road ahead.” After a long hiatus, I finally made my return to the Dubai running race scene! When I first lived here between 2012 and 2017, I took part in many road races and absolutely loved the local running community. Even after moving to Vietnam, I kept the momentum going for a while, completing a few 10km, 21km and even a full marathon, especially in my first year there. But as I got more into CrossFit in 2018, running gradually took a back seat. Since then, I’ve continued to run, but without the same structure, purpose, or goals I once had. That all changed a couple of months ago when I decided to reignite my running spark and even joined a few run club sessions. I’ll be honest; those group runs have really pushed me out of my comfort zone! I’ve always loved a nice, long, slow run, but short and speedy intervals? Not so much. Still, being surrounded by people who share a similar mindset, who challeng...

Winter Walks & Warm Talks

  “Some moments are soft in pace, but solid in memory.” A few days in London felt like the perfect way to begin my winter travels.  Reconnecting with friends I hadn’t seen in a few years, reminiscing about the good old Dubai days, sharing favourite memories, and laughing until our cheeks hurt made the short stop incredibly special. It was one of those easy, unhurried breaks where every moment felt light, warm, and full of joy. The city itself was glowing with Christmas magic. Twinkling lights, festive decorations everywhere, and relaxed strolls past decorated homes, Big Ben, the London Eye, Christmas markets, Covent Garden, and charming streets and corners brought the season to life. A truly beautiful way to kick off the holiday travels.