Skip to main content

Just What The Doctor Ordered

On Friday, April 11th, I made my way to Canada to surprise my mom for her birthday and for Easter. Some of us had been keeping this secret for weeks! A Masters Golf Party had been organized by some of my mother's friends and I arrived with my father around 10:30pm. My mom's reaction was priceless. Tears were shed, laughs were shared and big smiles could be seen all around the room. 
It was absolutely great! 

The love between mother and daughter is forever

Deciding to go back to Canada for my spring break this year was a wonderful decision. After a difficult start to 2014, I knew some family time was necessary. Now, of course, my primary reason for going home was to surprise my mom, however, I knew that I could benefit from this trip just as much. Going home allowed me to spend time with some family and to reconnect with a few old friends, work colleagues and students. It also allowed me to lay around...to be lazy...to sleep...to watch TV... to get pampered...I mean, really, who doesn't need a little R & R once in a while?! 
In this fast-paced world we live in, sometimes we need to stop and take a step back in order to rest, to relax and to regain our energy and positive outlook on the wonderful lives we live!

Canada's WONDERFUL Weather Conditions:
A little snow, a little rain & a little sunshine, all within 1 week!

On my way back to Dubai from Canada, I had the opportunity to see some of London's most famous attractions during a day-long layover. 
It was an exhausting adventure, but yet another pretty cool experience of course!
Tower Bridge, London

I truly believe this break was JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!
 Now, it's time to get back to reality: Bring on the last term of the school year! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a World Full of Noise, Let’s Show Understanding

“Not everyone processes uncertainty the same way, and that’s okay.” The past few days have been unexpected. What started as a normal Saturday - coaching at the gym, breakfast with a friend, catching up on work with the TV on in the background - quickly changed when I heard a loud “boom” coming from outside my apartment. At first, many of us in the community assumed it came from one of the many nearby construction sites. But, within the next few hours, the loud sounds came again and again, and word spread that these were missiles and drones being intercepted in the sky. I’ve always felt safe here in the UAE, and believe it or not, to a certain extent, I still do. Like many other residents here, I have a lot of trust in the country I’ve chosen to call home for over 11 years. I’ve seen it overcome challenges in the past, such as COVID and floods, and I’ve witnessed how much the leadership cares for the residents, particularly over the last few days.  That said, it’s no secret that I a...

Back on the Dubai running scene

  “The beauty of running is in its simplicity; just you, your breath, and the road ahead.” After a long hiatus, I finally made my return to the Dubai running race scene! When I first lived here between 2012 and 2017, I took part in many road races and absolutely loved the local running community. Even after moving to Vietnam, I kept the momentum going for a while, completing a few 10km, 21km and even a full marathon, especially in my first year there. But as I got more into CrossFit in 2018, running gradually took a back seat. Since then, I’ve continued to run, but without the same structure, purpose, or goals I once had. That all changed a couple of months ago when I decided to reignite my running spark and even joined a few run club sessions. I’ll be honest; those group runs have really pushed me out of my comfort zone! I’ve always loved a nice, long, slow run, but short and speedy intervals? Not so much. Still, being surrounded by people who share a similar mindset, who challeng...

Winter Walks & Warm Talks

  “Some moments are soft in pace, but solid in memory.” A few days in London felt like the perfect way to begin my winter travels.  Reconnecting with friends I hadn’t seen in a few years, reminiscing about the good old Dubai days, sharing favourite memories, and laughing until our cheeks hurt made the short stop incredibly special. It was one of those easy, unhurried breaks where every moment felt light, warm, and full of joy. The city itself was glowing with Christmas magic. Twinkling lights, festive decorations everywhere, and relaxed strolls past decorated homes, Big Ben, the London Eye, Christmas markets, Covent Garden, and charming streets and corners brought the season to life. A truly beautiful way to kick off the holiday travels.