Skip to main content

Time for footie


A song/poem dedicated to all my friends at football in Dubai...
We wanna play some footie every night in Dubai
All the leagues and tournaments they are quite fly
Come out everybody just give it a try
Time for footie, time for footie!

RAP
We love us some good footie
Yalla, let’s get busy
This may not be no champions league
But still we’re always well fatigued
We’re often put to the test
But we always try our best
We’ve created a community
Such a wonderful opportunity

DWFA on Tuesday nights
The games are played under the lights
Some girls they got some moves
They all got something to prove
Let us not forget Mix it up
Saturdays, mixed teams battle for the cup
The guys are finally invited to play
They all got mad skills to display

We wanna play some footie every night in Dubai
All the leagues and tournaments they are quite fly
Come out everybody just give it a try
Time for footie, time for footie!

We wanna play some footie every night in Dubai
All the leagues and tournaments they are quite fly
Come out everybody just give it a try
Time for footie, time for footie!
  
RAP
And what about that new team
Dubai All Stars are very keen
They thought they’d get their butts kicked
But such good results no one could predict
They sometimes play in Jabel Ali
Or bus it all the way to Abu Dhabi
Top 3 is definitely where they want to be
Amongst some of the best in the UAE

We wanna play some footie every night in Dubai
All the leagues and tournaments they are quite fly
Come out everybody just give it a try
Time for footie, time for footie!

We wanna play some footie every night in Dubai
All the leagues and tournaments they are quite fly
Come out everybody just give it a try
Time for footie, time for footie!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a World Full of Noise, Let’s Show Understanding

“Not everyone processes uncertainty the same way, and that’s okay.” The past few days have been unexpected. What started as a normal Saturday - coaching at the gym, breakfast with a friend, catching up on work with the TV on in the background - quickly changed when I heard a loud “boom” coming from outside my apartment. At first, many of us in the community assumed it came from one of the many nearby construction sites. But, within the next few hours, the loud sounds came again and again, and word spread that these were missiles and drones being intercepted in the sky. I’ve always felt safe here in the UAE, and believe it or not, to a certain extent, I still do. Like many other residents here, I have a lot of trust in the country I’ve chosen to call home for over 11 years. I’ve seen it overcome challenges in the past, such as COVID and floods, and I’ve witnessed how much the leadership cares for the residents, particularly over the last few days.  That said, it’s no secret that I a...

Back on the Dubai running scene

  “The beauty of running is in its simplicity; just you, your breath, and the road ahead.” After a long hiatus, I finally made my return to the Dubai running race scene! When I first lived here between 2012 and 2017, I took part in many road races and absolutely loved the local running community. Even after moving to Vietnam, I kept the momentum going for a while, completing a few 10km, 21km and even a full marathon, especially in my first year there. But as I got more into CrossFit in 2018, running gradually took a back seat. Since then, I’ve continued to run, but without the same structure, purpose, or goals I once had. That all changed a couple of months ago when I decided to reignite my running spark and even joined a few run club sessions. I’ll be honest; those group runs have really pushed me out of my comfort zone! I’ve always loved a nice, long, slow run, but short and speedy intervals? Not so much. Still, being surrounded by people who share a similar mindset, who challeng...

Winter Walks & Warm Talks

  “Some moments are soft in pace, but solid in memory.” A few days in London felt like the perfect way to begin my winter travels.  Reconnecting with friends I hadn’t seen in a few years, reminiscing about the good old Dubai days, sharing favourite memories, and laughing until our cheeks hurt made the short stop incredibly special. It was one of those easy, unhurried breaks where every moment felt light, warm, and full of joy. The city itself was glowing with Christmas magic. Twinkling lights, festive decorations everywhere, and relaxed strolls past decorated homes, Big Ben, the London Eye, Christmas markets, Covent Garden, and charming streets and corners brought the season to life. A truly beautiful way to kick off the holiday travels.