Skip to main content

"Taking it EASY"


#abetterversionofme2018

I haven't posted in a little while, so here's a quick recap of what's been happening.

After returning from my competition in Malaysia mid-October, I had a plan in mind. I wanted to take a bit of a step back, focus on my weaknesses and build some strength. So, I began an 8 week functional bodybuilding program and I commited to some extra training. As I entered week 3 of the program however, I became a little bored with training, a long-time injury started to irritate me again and to top it all off, I got sick.

After a little time off, I decided I should really "Take it EASY" up until the holidays, but somehow, over the weeks, my competitive self just kept going.

-I improved some skills, I hit some new PRs and I checked off several of my 2018 goals.
2018 CrossFit Goals
-I placed 3rd in a 10km road race.
Techcombank HCMC International Marathon, December 2nd 2018
I won another small fitness competiton.
FEST Battle, December 8th 2018

Obviously, my idea of "Taking it EASY" isn't the norm!

Now though, with Christmas and New Years just around the corner, I'm gearing up for a relaxing trip to Sweden to visit with some family.

Believe it or not, but I'm truly looking forward to a bit of time off to reflect on the ups and downs that 2018 brought me and to start planning my 2019 goals.

***2019 Goal #1 - Work on my facial expressions! HAHAHA!☺️








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a World Full of Noise, Let’s Show Understanding

“Not everyone processes uncertainty the same way, and that’s okay.” The past few days have been unexpected. What started as a normal Saturday - coaching at the gym, breakfast with a friend, catching up on work with the TV on in the background - quickly changed when I heard a loud “boom” coming from outside my apartment. At first, many of us in the community assumed it came from one of the many nearby construction sites. But, within the next few hours, the loud sounds came again and again, and word spread that these were missiles and drones being intercepted in the sky. I’ve always felt safe here in the UAE, and believe it or not, to a certain extent, I still do. Like many other residents here, I have a lot of trust in the country I’ve chosen to call home for over 11 years. I’ve seen it overcome challenges in the past, such as COVID and floods, and I’ve witnessed how much the leadership cares for the residents, particularly over the last few days.  That said, it’s no secret that I a...

Back on the Dubai running scene

  “The beauty of running is in its simplicity; just you, your breath, and the road ahead.” After a long hiatus, I finally made my return to the Dubai running race scene! When I first lived here between 2012 and 2017, I took part in many road races and absolutely loved the local running community. Even after moving to Vietnam, I kept the momentum going for a while, completing a few 10km, 21km and even a full marathon, especially in my first year there. But as I got more into CrossFit in 2018, running gradually took a back seat. Since then, I’ve continued to run, but without the same structure, purpose, or goals I once had. That all changed a couple of months ago when I decided to reignite my running spark and even joined a few run club sessions. I’ll be honest; those group runs have really pushed me out of my comfort zone! I’ve always loved a nice, long, slow run, but short and speedy intervals? Not so much. Still, being surrounded by people who share a similar mindset, who challeng...

Winter Walks & Warm Talks

  “Some moments are soft in pace, but solid in memory.” A few days in London felt like the perfect way to begin my winter travels.  Reconnecting with friends I hadn’t seen in a few years, reminiscing about the good old Dubai days, sharing favourite memories, and laughing until our cheeks hurt made the short stop incredibly special. It was one of those easy, unhurried breaks where every moment felt light, warm, and full of joy. The city itself was glowing with Christmas magic. Twinkling lights, festive decorations everywhere, and relaxed strolls past decorated homes, Big Ben, the London Eye, Christmas markets, Covent Garden, and charming streets and corners brought the season to life. A truly beautiful way to kick off the holiday travels.