“Adventure is exciting, but simplicity has its own kind of magic.”
Over the years of living abroad, I've gradually lost that feeling of excitement about going back to Canada for the summer holidays. Don't get me wrong, it's always great to spend time with my family and catch up with close friends, but after living independently overseas for so long, it's often an adjustment to essentially move back into my parents' home; I miss having my own space, my own car, and some of the routines I’ve created for myself living life solo.
After working so hard throughout the school year, I typically find myself craving a holiday that feels exciting, and seeing as this past school year was especially challenging for a variety of reasons, more than anything, I really wanted time to switch off and recharge. Also, it never helps that social media is filled with everyone else's exciting adventures around the world, making it harder for me sometimes to be chilling back in my home country.
But, as my month in Canada comes to an end, I must admit that I did really appreciate the slower pace of life. I wandered the streets of Montreal, spent a few days in Toronto, visited Niagara Falls, and enjoyed a little getaway to Blue Mountain. More importantly, I had the chance to spend quality time with my family, especially my parents, and catch up with a few close friends.
Life these last few weeks has mostly consisted of working out, eating plenty of food, going for walks and runs, taking lots of afternoon naps, and spending lazy evenings in front of the TV.
With all that said, it's time for my next adventure; Puerto Rico and Miami - here I come! I’m looking forward to swapping the simple life for a week filled with new experiences and a little more spontaneity.
Let us all be reminded to appreciate the quiet moments just as much as the adventurous ones.




Comments
Post a Comment