Skip to main content

Every end is a new beginning

Well, well, well...it's been one heck of a ride, but my 5-year stint in Dubai is finally coming to an end.


These last few weeks have been filled with many exciting events, yet accompanied by some very sad farewells. 

From a surprise trip to the 7 star Burj Al Arab with some of my closest friends, to dinner at the bottom of the tallest building Burj Khalifa with one of my oldest friends, to yummy food at the well-renown Cheesecake factory with my footie crew and late-night Iftars during the Holy month of Ramadan with my amazing colleagues; I've been treated to some of the best experiences around town. I couldn't think of a better way to finish up my time here in Dubai.

I've had the opportunity to spend some quality time with some very special people who have come into my life, just at the right time, and have left footprints on my heart, changing me forever. 
I really could not be more grateful!


I've been overwhelmed with the love that these individuals have shown me in these last few weeks and I have been gifted with friendships and memories that will certainly last me a lifetime.

I really can't THANK YOU all enough.





I am still in disbelief that the time has come to close this chapter of my life-long journey and I am sad to be leaving so many wonderful people behind. With that said, I am truly excited to find out what lays ahead as I begin a new chapter in Vietnam; living new experiences, making new friends and creating new memories.

"Every story has an end, but in life, every end is a new beginning."

Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In a World Full of Noise, Let’s Show Understanding

“Not everyone processes uncertainty the same way, and that’s okay.” The past few days have been unexpected. What started as a normal Saturday - coaching at the gym, breakfast with a friend, catching up on work with the TV on in the background - quickly changed when I heard a loud “boom” coming from outside my apartment. At first, many of us in the community assumed it came from one of the many nearby construction sites. But, within the next few hours, the loud sounds came again and again, and word spread that these were missiles and drones being intercepted in the sky. I’ve always felt safe here in the UAE, and believe it or not, to a certain extent, I still do. Like many other residents here, I have a lot of trust in the country I’ve chosen to call home for over 11 years. I’ve seen it overcome challenges in the past, such as COVID and floods, and I’ve witnessed how much the leadership cares for the residents, particularly over the last few days.  That said, it’s no secret that I a...

Back on the Dubai running scene

  “The beauty of running is in its simplicity; just you, your breath, and the road ahead.” After a long hiatus, I finally made my return to the Dubai running race scene! When I first lived here between 2012 and 2017, I took part in many road races and absolutely loved the local running community. Even after moving to Vietnam, I kept the momentum going for a while, completing a few 10km, 21km and even a full marathon, especially in my first year there. But as I got more into CrossFit in 2018, running gradually took a back seat. Since then, I’ve continued to run, but without the same structure, purpose, or goals I once had. That all changed a couple of months ago when I decided to reignite my running spark and even joined a few run club sessions. I’ll be honest; those group runs have really pushed me out of my comfort zone! I’ve always loved a nice, long, slow run, but short and speedy intervals? Not so much. Still, being surrounded by people who share a similar mindset, who challeng...

Winter Walks & Warm Talks

  “Some moments are soft in pace, but solid in memory.” A few days in London felt like the perfect way to begin my winter travels.  Reconnecting with friends I hadn’t seen in a few years, reminiscing about the good old Dubai days, sharing favourite memories, and laughing until our cheeks hurt made the short stop incredibly special. It was one of those easy, unhurried breaks where every moment felt light, warm, and full of joy. The city itself was glowing with Christmas magic. Twinkling lights, festive decorations everywhere, and relaxed strolls past decorated homes, Big Ben, the London Eye, Christmas markets, Covent Garden, and charming streets and corners brought the season to life. A truly beautiful way to kick off the holiday travels.